Friday, January 12, 2007

Weeee-hoo, Hoss!

So I've read Wintersmith. I really like Terry Pratchett, and once I've whittled down my ridiculously large pile of books I have checked out (and the pile I've bought that I've yet to read), I might pick up a few more of his titles.
I've just finished (last night) Alabama Moon by Watt Key. Crazy book. I've found the best way to describe it is: Hatchet meets the Dukes of Hazzard. Survival skills in the wild, living under the stars, hunting food, and setting traps meet crazy Southern boys driving around like hell on wheels in a clay pit, bustin' out of boys' homes, whippin' up on people and running from the Law. It is a lot of fun to read. Even touching at moments.
Next I'm on to A Dog for Life by L.S. Matthews about brothers, one of whom is sick and so their dog needs to be sent away but the other brother fights to keep the dog safe. I'll know more when I actually start it.
I was super excited because one of the books I ordered for purchase through work finally came in and it's the third of a trilogy. I'm looking forward to starting that one (it's yet another take on P&P--mock me if you will, but I enjoy them).
That's about all for library news, currently. I am enjoying purchasing dvds and popular music cds for the library. So until I finish another book (or remember to update),
happy reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home