Friday, December 22, 2006

It's a laugh.

I've finished Larklight! by Philip Reeve, which was spectacular. Really enjoyed that one.
Currently reading The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. This is only my second encounter with Pratchett (the first was Good Omens written by him and Neil Gaiman) and it's a hoot.
Needed to share this bit, as it made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Miss Tick sniffed. "You could says this advice is priceless," she said. "Are you listening?"
"Yes," said Tiffany.
"Good. Now . . . if you trust in yourself . . . "
"Yes?"
". . . and believe in your dreams . . ."
"Yes?"
". . . and follow your star . . ." Miss Tick went on.
"Yes?"
". . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Good-bye." (from page 36.)

It's just something my father would say. Which is why I found it so funny. Hope you found a bit of a giggle at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home