Wednesday, December 13, 2006

...and other duties as assigned.

I meant to update Friday (no, I haven't finished a book) but was a bit distracted by various visitors popping in to chat (and patrons to help, of course).
The librarian I was working with on Friday night and I were sewing "Property of ..." tags onto the new puppets and stuffed animals and she made the comment about how interesting it was that we both have our MLS and we're sewing labels on to stuffed animals. I was thinking of that nice little catch all on the job description that says "Other duties as assigned." I suppose that would count as another duty.
Other news, which is both sad and good. One of our librarians is moving on to better things, and her selection areas are going to be vacated and I'm super excited because she's got DVDs and popular music. So I nabbed those and also one of the programs she runs. It's more work for me, but I'll have ultimate control over the movies that come into the library. *insert evil laugh here* Music I'm sort of excited about, especially after speaking to one of the library's vendors and the new things his company has in store for music cds. I just need to listen to the radio more so I can be hip to the music the kids are listening to. :>) It's good news for me and sad because this librarian who is leaving rocks, but she'll be happier somewhere else.
Right well that's about it for the updated; I seem to be having the damnedest time finishing The Trial of Queen Caroline. (It's not bad, I just have been slightly anti-reading lately. Two history books in a row can do that to me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home