Wednesday, November 08, 2006

You were breathlessly waiting, I can tell,

For my next entry.
I've finished another book. Monkey Town, by Ronald Kidd, about a young woman during the Scopes trial. It wasn't bad; rather interesting, and well told. Frances was a little flat, but the story was good enough to keep reading. Did you know that the whole thing originated as a publicity stunt? I've never seen or read Inherit the Wind or read anything about the Scopes trial prior to this, but I never would have guessed it was all done for publicity. I figured people when genuinely outraged. And maybe some were. I suppose this requires further research.
When my stack of books to read has dwindled somewhat.
Currently reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusack which is slightly incredible so far, especially as I'm only 25 pages in. It's different. It's dark. It's narrated by Death. It's a big thick honkin' book, so it may take me awhile to get through. And sometimes--I admit--I'm just not in a mood to read. Alas! What's wrong with me!
No other library-related news to impart. Pleasant patrons are always welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home