Friday, December 29, 2006

Little Girl Lost

A little girl--no more than 6 years old--was in tears because she lost her daddy. She was rather calm about it, which was nice. So she took me by the hand and we went and looked for her daddy. Then when she saw him, I haven't seen a little girl hold on that tight to her father in a long time. Her eyes were closed and she was just so happy to be with her father. It was just a sweet moment. I wonder if I could ever be that content, that in the moment again.
I finished The Wee Free Men and enjoyed it so much have checked out A Hat Full of Sky and Wintersmith, the next two in the Tiffany Aching series. Also read The Amazing Life of Birds: The Twenty Day Puberty Journal of Duane Homer Leech by Gary Paulsen. This book was incredibly funny. Lots of laugh out loud moments. Still trying to read as much as fast as I can for the booktalk I'll be doing towards the end of January. I have a bunch of young adult books to read, as well (not to mention the newest Princess Diaries book I bought--yes, I am a nerd, I realize this, but I like books and I like good stories. Sue me). Hopefully I'll finish A Hat Full of Sky this weekend. And then I'll probably pop on to Wintersmith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home