Sunday, April 15, 2007

From complicated to clueless.

I've finished Fragile Things. (I finished it last week, but this is the first I've thought of discussing it. It needed to sit in my head for a bit before I discussed.)
I suppose I'm not entirely a short story person. I like getting sucked into big, thick novels. I did enjoy quite a few of the stories and they'll stick with me, but I ... don't rightly know. This was why I tried to avoid posting.
Currently on to Deep and Meaningful Diaries from Planet Janet by Dyan Sheldon. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the diary format. Princess Diaries. Confessions of Georgia Nicholson. Bridget Jones (the second was so much better than the first, I think). And yes, I've even read a P&P continuation written in diary format. Planet Janet is pretty entertaining thus far; it's a fluff book and I always enjoy a good fluff book. Janet's sort of clueless, however. She doesn't strike me as the sort who actually would be clueless. She's not like me, for example. She seems the type of character who would recognize that two boys her own age are in to her and she's stuck on this guy who's ... not. What is it about diary keepers? Are they really that clueless? All of them in the aforementioned titles are a bit clueless. Are they too busy focusing on the words they're writing down to focus on their lives?
Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home