Wednesday, July 30, 2008

PANTS!

My impatience has been somewhat rewarded--I finished Louise Rennison's newest Georgia Nicolson book, Stop in the Name of Pants! Let me begin by saying, I love the title. (And perhaps too like a 15 year old girl I like to say Pants randomly in conversations.) I always welcome new Georgia books because I'm always a bit curious about what sort of muck she'll get herself into this time. Well she's pretty much stepped in it this time. She very obviously is attracted to Dave the Laugh (ok, ok, obvious for the rest of us) and should clearly be with him, but would rather be prancing about with Masimo, the Luuuuurve God. She really needs to learn that it's more important to be with someone you're really comfortable with rather than someone who is gorgeous to everyone else. However poorly I presented it, Georgia should be with Dave. Leave Robbie & Wet Lindsay to themselves, and Masimo should find another girl (though he is very keen on her).
It felt like not much happened in this one (they go so quickly) and I feel that has been the trend for the last couple of books. I won't stop reading them because they are such fantastically fun reads. But for what the books present not much happens at all. Entertaining, definitely, but not worth a purchase. Check it out from your library.
I'm on to Little Lady, Big Apple by Hester Browne and enjoying that thus far. This is a poor rambly post but I'm slightly distracted.
Keep reading.
yours,
the Savage Librarian.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home