Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knight

I seem to get rather caught up in my books, but I saw The Dark Knight on Sunday. It is excellent. I certainly think Heath Ledger did an excellent job, but as for it being award worthy, I think I agree with my friend, who said he would have to check out the competition first to see if the performance truly was. There was more of Christian Bale as Batman and as Bruce (with Alfred) and less of him being playboy Bruce Wayne, which I kind of like, because playboy Bruce Wayne can be a little annoying (but the gravelly voiced Batman gets a bit annoying; must be only to me). Michael Caine is an excellent Alfred and did quite well again; Morgan Freeman had a fantastic line and delivered it so deliciously well that it made his little screen time worth it; Aaron Eckhart is good as Harvey Dent, the White Knight; Gary Oldman as Detective Gordon I think was better this time than in Batman Begins; and Maggie Gyllenhaal made an interesting Rachel Dawes. I highly recommend the film. It's well done (yay for Chicago landmarks!), though it moves a little slowly. It doesn't drag, but you can feel the length of the movie, if that makes any sense.
Right. Did see another dvd, but eh, not so great: My Mom's New Boyfriend. Good for Antonio Banderas, Selma Blair, and Colins Hanks, but forget Jim Carrey's annoying sound, listen to Meg Ryan's screeching in that movie. It made me want to stab my ears so I wouldn't have to listen to her. Oh, and the guy who played Keith Mars on Veronica Mars had a very funny bit part and was almost worth the screeching. Definitely check it out from your local library, but I'm not sure I'd go so far as renting it (unless you have a slight obsession with Colin Hanks. Not that I would know anything about having a slight obsession with Colin Hanks).
I remain, the tired Savage Librarian.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home